The University of Delaware welcomes
coverage of the Delaware Debates. Media outlets covering the debates
should carefully read the guidelines below. The Credential Request Form deadline is Thursday, October 13, 2016.
Media will not be permitted into the Debates venues without credentials.
Both debates will take place on Wednesday, October 19.
Doors will open at 6 p.m., and everyone must be seated by 6:30 p.m.
For details on the format and rules of Delaware Debates, please the see the Rules page.
- Video feed will be available on-site at the University of Delaware
for local distribution.
- Photography will be permitted in designated areas inside the venue.
- Reporters/producers will be permitted in designated areas inside the venue.
- Laptops, tablets and similar devices will be permitted inside the venue for Tweeting and other live coverage.
- Wireless Internet is available on-campus, but it is not guaranteed inside the venue.
- IMPORTANT NOTE regarding media access to the auditorium: A limited number of video cameras may be permitted ONLY in a designated area of the balcony of the venue for wide-shots and live shots only – before the debates. Because
the candidates have agreed to specific rules limiting the use of
“cutaways” and requiring cameras to show the candidates’ faces when the
candidates are speaking, media are not permitted to insert cutaways over candidate sound bites. This rule is a precondition to media access to the auditorium. Additional rules will apply and will be distributed to those media granted access.
- A limited number of spaces are available for live trucks in close proximity to the venue.
- The University of Delaware will provide a list of experts on campus,
with contact information, available for interviews throughout the day
on each day of the debates.
Credentials are required for every member of the media on-campus for the Delaware Debates.Note: Please keep in mind, university
classes will be in session during the debates; these guidelines have
been crafted with students’ safety in mind.