The University of Delaware's Center for Political Communication is hosting the seventh annual "National Agenda" Speaker Series beginning September 6, 2017. This year's theme is "As We Stand, Divided."
With nationally known speakers, we will explore the many divides that exist in the United States, including gender, geographic, religious, partisan, and cultural. The program encourages students, staff, faculty, and community members to join the conversation. The Director of National Agenda is Dr. Lindsay Hoffman, who teaches Communication and Political Science and is the CPC’s Associate Director.
National Agenda is made possible by generous support from the University of Delaware's Office of the Provost. To view previous National Agenda presentations, please visit theUniversity of Delaware National Agenda YouTube Channel
The CPC's fall 2017 "As We Stand, Divided" series, held in the auditorium of Mitchell Hall on the University of Delaware's Newark Campus, features speakers from many different backgrounds to address these important issues, and how we talk about them in today's political landscape:
- Wednesday, September 6, 7:30 pm: BRIANNA WU, Gender Divides
- Wednesday, September 20, 7:30 pm: DAVID JOY, Geographical Divides
- Wednesday, October 4, 7:30 pm: ASMA KHALID, Religious Divides
- Wednesday, October 18, 12 noon (special time): Former VP JOE BIDEN, Bridging the Divides
- Wednesday, November 1, 7:30 pm: DAVID BONIOR and MIKE CASTLE, Political Divides: Past and Present
- Wednesday, November 15, 7:30 pm: CHRIS GARCIA, Cultural Divides